Critter Control of Greater Pittsburgh's experts are on-call and ready to remove wildlife from your home. We will implement the most effective prevention strategies so these wildlife animals do not come back. Our professionals will install exclusion techniques and equipment to keep the critters out long-term. We can also implement habitat modifications to keep more critters from moving in after them. No matter what, here at Critter Control of Greater Pittsburgh, we will work to ensure that your wildlife control issues are resolved for good. Give us a call today!
Wildlife Prevention Methods
The habitat modification method involves limiting the access points of food, water, and shelter. Wild animals will keep coming back to your home if they have unlimited access to any of the three things on your property. By limiting the animal's access to these areas they will not need to come to your property anymore. Here at Critter Control of Greater Pittsburgh, our technicians have extensive experience in identifying small wildlife entrances that most untrained homeowners would not notice.
The most effective prevention method involves installing exclusion materials. When expertly installed, the exclusion methods will create a literal barrier between your wildlife animal and the inside of your home. If you're dealing with a persistent animal, the exclusion method is the best route. This method can help you keep animals like opossums, raccoons, and squirrels out. The areas we use the exclusion method are:
- Plumbing Vents: Animals seeking shelter will likely become stuck in plumbing pipes
- Fascia & Roof Spaces: Inadequately sealed points between fascia and roofs encourage animal entry
- Chimney: Adding chimney caps and screening can keep animals out and discourage nesting
- Roof Vents: Lightweight and unstable vents should be replaced with heavy and secure roof vents
- The intersection of Roof/Soffit: Securing gaps will allow you to prevent animal chewing/entry
- Oven & Bathroom Exhaust Vents: Adding vent screening helps keep animals out
- Holes in Siding: Repairing and reinforcing holes will discourage animal infestation
- Landscaping & Trapping: Overhanging tree limb removal and encroaching vegetation
- Porch & Deck: Heavy-duty screening around the base discourages animals from nesting
We Are The Prevention Professionals
If you have any suspicion of a wildlife problem inside or near your home, please do not hesitate to give the experts at Critter Control of Greater Pittsburgh a call. The longer you wait to resolve your wildlife issues, the worse it may become. 412.767.4067